Are you still looking for the latest jobs in the classifieds section of your newspaper? Or are you looking to post an ad in it to hire people for your business? Either way, it’s time for you to ditch the newspaper. The job market is now online!
In India alone, hundreds of online job portals let employers and employees interact for free. They offer everything from on-platform video calls and personalized notifications to resume templates and skill-development courses.
Best Free Job Portals In India
If you’re wondering which one to choose, keep reading. We have listed for you the 10 best free job portals in India with all their perks and cons.
- Monster India
Easily one of the oldest and perhaps the most popular portals for job seekers in India, Naukri.com has remained entirely free since 1997. With a database of over 50 million job seekers, Naukri is the go-to site for top employers.
For those looking for jobs, it also offers resume writing help from experts in the Naukri FastForward services, which are paid. You can also gain more visibility and priority application along with other benefits using Naukri FastForward.
- Available as both mobile app and website
- Quick job updates
- Recruiters can see profiles and contact desired ones
- Job alert feature for personalized mails
- Variety of learning courses to upskill and get higher-paying jobs
2. Monster India
Another popular name among job portals in India, Monster.com, is known for its elaborate blog section. This makes people understand the best ways to find a job. You will also find valuable insights regarding job interviews and searching for a new job. The site works both on the web and mobile apps for those looking to find jobs on the go.
Their Xtreme Resume feature allows people to find a job in particular geography pretty easily. This also works well for recruiters looking to hire local talent.
- Separate section for work from home, which is the need of the hour
- Sections for walk-in job interviews to apply without much hassle
- Get important career advice from HR experts
- Paid resume services
- Additional courses and certifications to climb up the ladder
Hindustan Times Group’s job portal Shine.com is a trusted name in the job search domain. It has slowly but surely risen up the ladder. Its broad and skilled user base is an excellent option for both companies and job seekers.
The portal is ideal for those looking to switch from their current jobs and find better opportunities. The customized services of this job portal allow you to find a job that fits your skills. On paying a subscription fee, you will get access to some of the leading HR and advisors who’ll help you prepare for your interview. This site is also great for helping you create a resume. Shine will then show your resume to all the top recruiters that fit your profile to boost your chances of landing a suitable job. If you’re a recruiter, this feature will work in your favor as well.
- Top companies hiring at the portal
- Free helpline for recruiters and seekers
- More than 3,00,000 jobs available
- Over 3.4 crore candidates active
- Shine Premium for higher visibility and better job insights
As is evident from the name, the portal is specifically suited to people looking for their first job. If you are a fresher or a final year student, here is your opportunity to get your first job using a platform filled with people like you. This portal is best for companies looking to hire inexperienced yet talented people. Freshersworld works with some of the biggest corporates and likewise has a resume base of over one crore.
The platform has tie-ups with over a hundred cities to get you jobs in your hometown. Recruiters can also geo-target people using this portal. People can also select jobs based on industry types. The job alert via email feature is also excellent.
- Skill development courses
- Hire local talent by listing job location
- Free job alerts
- Search for government jobs directly on the website
- Do test preparation courses for higher studies
- Go for their CEAT test to build an impression in front of the recruiters
The US-based job search engine has expanded its wings and reached the Indian market in recent years. The platform is reputed in the US and is a great place to find jobs with MNCs who trust Indeed. Indeed has a very user-friendly design and is ideal for new job seekers. Searching for jobs on Indeed is as simple as doing a Google search.
It offers a host of filters for recruiters, too, letting them cut the clutter and reach the most suitable candidates. It cuts the chances of scams as Indeed directly connects job seekers and companies.
- Straightforward one-step job search and smooth UI
- You can search for salaries and know what to expect
- Honest company reviews present at the portal
- Get career advice from HR experts at Indeed
- Filter resumes using various criteria as an employer
Several corporates have entered and flourished in India in recent years. But public sector jobs still seem to be the most rewarding ones. It’s like a badge of honor for many in India and provides exemplary job security and increments. That makes a portal like JobSarkari ideal. Using it, people living in smaller towns can grab well-paying jobs without moving out of their hometowns.
The website provides updated lists of job listings all across India. It covers all types of government jobs and keeps you updated with all the upcoming ones. Hence, you never miss out on an opportunity. JobSarkari provides updates whenever there is an opening in ONGC, BSNL, Indian Railways, Coal India, Indian Oil, and other such government companies. You can also find jobs in your favorite sector using the filter provided.
- Search for fresher jobs, jobs for women, and jobs after high school on different tabs
- Covers all types of government jobs in various industries
- Keeps you updated with direct links to available government job forms
- Search for jobs in your hometown
LinkedIn is the most popular professional social networking platform in the world. It’s unlike any traditional job site. You can connect with people, post hirings, apply for jobs, post your passions, endeavors, and portfolio, among other things. Most companies use LinkedIn for marketing and networking too.
You are not portraying yourself just from a resume here but instead are providing an insight into your visions, passion, and personality. Your connections can endorse you and recommend you to various recruiters. LinkedIn can help you create connections that can be of much larger use to you than just getting or posting a job. You can get access to some of the top professionals without needing to contact the HR department. Similarly, when you need to hire someone, you can just browse through your connections to see if anyone fits the role. Besides, they have a proper job search section too.
- Networking platform for professionals
- Helps show the world your extended resume, profile, portfolio, and more in a single place
- Has a separate job search section with a one-click apply feature
Glassdoor is a portal where ex-employees or current ones leave an honest review without any benefits or pressure. People often don’t want to risk their careers by speaking against top professionals or companies even when they’ve been mistreated. But Glassdoor levels the playing field by letting people talk anonymously. You must have a @companyname.com ID to ensure you write only genuine reviews.
You can understand the company culture, salaries, work culture, and much more by going through Glassdoor reviews. As a brand owner, you can check these reviews occasionally to serve your employees better. If you’re searching for a job, upload your resume and connect with employers. As a hirer, you can post job openings, and the applications will soon pour in. And it’s all free!
- The most credible platform for honest and anonymous employee reviews
- Compare salaries and industry standards easily
- Apply for free
If you are a freelancer in India, you’d know the dearth of well-paying jobs and honest platforms. Upwork is one of the top freelancer websites in the US and has been pretty successful in India. The reputable platform connects you to employers from around the world. These employers are usually willing to pay you much more than the standard.
The payments are on international standards, and a 2-day writing job can earn you as much as $500 or even more! The platform is totally free and allows you to bid your price for all the freelance assignments available. They will then charge a commission on the amount you earn. You’ll need to pay only after getting a job, so the process is pretty transparent and straightforward too. For businesses or people looking to hire freelancers, too, Upwork is highly credible. You are at a lesser risk of getting ditched.
- One of the best freelance job platforms in India
- Hire trusted and high-quality freelancers for any work
- Bid the price you think you deserve as a freelancer
- Your chances of winning bids boost after you complete your first few orders
Truelancer is another excellent platform that connects businesses to freelancers throughout the world. It has projects for designers, web builders, writers, logo designers, data entry professionals, admin, etc. The platform has been built by freelancers and entrepreneurs who know the pain of finding the right freelance jobs and employees.
The platform has been featured in Forbes and Boss Magazine and is a reliable job portal for freelancers. The portal has a lot of features inclined to make the collaboration between freelancer and employee fruitful.
- Truelancer keeps the payment of the employers safe until the work is done
- Money-back guarantee for employers
- Tens of job profiles to apply to
- Create a contest instead of a regular job to select the best talent
Now when you need to hunt for your next talent or a fantastic job, all you need to do is visit a few of these portals. Remember, you’ll always find more options online than in newspapers or local magazines. So start your search today!